PTDF Scholarship 2023/2024
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund, an agency of the federal government, is established to grow indigenous human potential and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, seeks applications from qualified candidates for MSc and PhD scholarships programmes at chosen institutions under PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme for the 2023/2024 academic session.
What is PTDF Scholarship?
The PTDF Scholarship scheme is designed to offer candidates scholarly opportunities to benefit from diverse pools of knowledge and facilities offered by world-class institutions across the world. Candidates apply through PTDF to their chosen programmes at partner institutions. The scholarship award includes the provision of flight tickets, health insurance payment, tuition and bench fees payment(where applicable), and the provision of allowances to meet accommodation and living expenses.
Candidates interested in the scholarship should note that the 2023/2024 scholarship applications are limited to PTDF_ partner universities in Germany, China, United Kingdom, France, Brazil, and Malaysia where the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and objectives of the scheme are best served. Top Institutions in the USA as well as federal universities in Nigeria are also included.
PTDF Scholarship Eligibility
Students applying to universities abroad must possess:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK)
Applicant must possess:
- National Youth Service Corp Certificate (NYSC certificate).
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field or 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- O’ level with Credits including English and Mathematics (At least C6 in WASSCE or C4 in NECO SSCE).
- Statement of purpose (500 words) stating their reason(s) for study, their relevance to the industry and expected impact on the nation.
- National Identity Number (NIN) as verification is required before the scholarship application.
The eligibility conditions, stated above, are applicable to PhD candidates. In addition, these are considered:
- Academic employment in a reputable Nigerian institution, teaching oil and gas-related disciplines.
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second-degree certificate in an oil and gas-related discipline
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry of not more than 5 pages and to be submitted to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodological relevance to industry and mode of data collection.
- Possess a valid admission letter.
- Bachelor’s degree
- NYSC certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Masters’ degree (PhD Applicants)
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants)
- Passport Photographs
How to Apply
Application forms with supporting documents are to be submitted online using ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) cards or scratch cards from branches of First Bank of Nigeria in 36 States and FCT. Payment of a nonrefundable sum of N1,000 is to be made. Instructions on how to access the form online are stated on the cards’ backs.
Application closes March 24, 2023.