NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a governmental agency established to develop the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria. One of its core mandates is to train and educate the youths of the Niger Delta region. This is to curb hostilities and militancy and in the same vein, promote productivity among the youth through education. One of the educational programmes geared towards developing the raw potential of the youth is the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship.
What is Niger Delta Development Postgraduate Scholarship?
The NDDC, to boost human resource development in the Niger Delta, is on its Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship Programme to equip youths with relevant training for participation in governmental affairs in the region, as well as enable them to acquire specialties in their chosen disciplines. Armed with relevant training and skills, they will combat myriad problems confronting the region and compete, globally, in their professional disciplines.
The scholarship is for students, natives of the Niger Delta States, who have first degrees, with either a first-class or a second-class lower division and completed the mandatory national service. The scheme is for qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s degrees from recognized universities in these disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software/Aeronautic Space/Aeronautic Engineering
- Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
To qualify for the NDDC Postgraduate Scholarship, there are conditions to be met. Meeting them will qualify you for the postgraduate scholarship to study at a university abroad. These are the conditions to be met:
- You must be a native of the Niger Delta region.
- Possess a first degree, with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division if you desire to undertake a Master’s degree programme and a good Master’s degree, for a PhD programme, from a recognized University.
- Possess five Credits in WASSCE and NECO SSCE in not more than 2 sittings.
- You’ve not already enrolled in a university abroad.
- You’ve gained an authentic admission letter for postgraduate studies in any of the listed disciplines above in a foreign University.
- You’ve completed the mandatory national service.
How to Apply
- Submit the following documents online on the commission’s website, www.nddc.gov.ng
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter
III. Postgraduate admission letter from a recognized University abroad
- Relevant Degrees from recognized Universities
- NYSC Discharge /exemption certificate
- The completed application form will be assigned registration numbers.
- The hard copy of the online generated acknowledgement should be printed for reference.
- Shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
- Shortlisted candidates will take a Computer-Based Test.
- Application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlisted candidate using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree
iii. Local Government Identification
- CBT tests will be conducted in each State of the region by consultants.
- Minimum of 70% is required
- Successful candidates shortlisted
- Verification via Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.